NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
Customers need an intuitive tool to collect log files from Linux OS devices
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Endura devices such as SM5200, NSM5200, ...
- VideoXpert Accessory Server
- Pelco cameras with SCP installed
- Collecting files from a Linux OS device is somtimes troublesome to Windows OS friendly customers
- Download WinSCP at https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
- Install the software on a Windows OS PC connected to a network where target Pelco devices are
Download required files by following the steps described at https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_download
- (IMPORTANT) Please do NOT delete any file on a Pelco device
- (IMPORTANT) Please do NOT replace any file on a Pelco device with modified/customized file