Creating a Desktop or Start Menu icon for I/NET Host Tool
I/NET Seven Host Tool
In some cases instead of using the Vista Workstation menu option "Tools > I/NET Host Tool", it is sometimes more efficient to start the I/NET Host Tool from either a shortcut or link on a graphics page. Once this shortcut has been created it can be easily linked too to provide this functionality.
To create a Desktop icon or Start Menu entry for the I/NET Host Tool:
- Use the Start Menu to find the I/NET launch Icon (All Programs\INET\INET)
- Right click and select "Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut)".
- Right click on the Desktop Icon and select properties.
- In the general tab change the first field from INET to INET Host Tool.
- In the Shortcut tab add "/vista" to the Target field so the final result is: "C:\Program Files\INET Seven\INetW.exe" /vista
You can now place the icon anywhere on your desktop or in your start menu.
TAC Vista Server must be started, and in some cases Workstation must have been started and logged in at least once and before using this shortcut or an error message about I/NET being unregistered will be encountered.
Also refer to Lessons Learned Article #3934 for additional information when running a full version of I/NET on the same PC.