What are the System Requirements for installing MSDE or MSSQL server with a Niagara R2 Enterprise Server?
TAC I/A Series
- Niagara R2 Enterprise Server
- MSDE or MSSQL server
Hardware and Operating System (OS) must meet the minimum requirements to run MSDE or MSSQL server.
These are the following minimum hardware and operating system requirements (per Microsoft’s web site) to run the MSDE database:
• Pentium III, 500-MHz or higher processor.
• Minimum of 512 MB of RAM, 1 GB recommended.
• Minimum of 1 GB of available hard disk space, 3 GB for applications that need more archiving capacity.
The following operating system configurations can run the MSDE:
• Windows XP Professional
• Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or later Supported Software
Supported Database Implementations
• Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or later
• Windows NT version 4.0 Server Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 5 or later
• Windows 2000 Professional
• Windows 2000 Server
• Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft asserts that the SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC (required for MSDE) has been tested and certified on the following operating systems:
• Microsoft Windows XP
• Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2 or higher
The following versions of the JDK are supported for use with the SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC:
• JDK 1.1.8
• JDK 1.2
• JDK 1.3
The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC is available for download from microsoft.com to all licensed SQL Server 2000 customers at no charge. Review the end-user license agreement (included with the download) for further details on users’ rights.
Note: A MSDE database can run on a machine other than the Enterprise Server and have the server station write data to the database. For information on the system requirements for a remote MSDE installation, visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/library. This configuration is not supported by Schneider-Electric.