How can the factory default settings for the level 3 password and the two serial ports be restored on a DMS-3500?
TAC I/A Series
Factory passwords are changed and need access to they system.
- With power on, remove the DMS-3500 cover to expose the circuit board.
- Locate the "CONFIG" 2-pin connector on the circuit board (near the green LED labeled SYS). There should be a jumper over one of the pins.
- Remove the jumper and place it over the two pins.
- Cycle power to the DMS-3500. When the DMS-3500 is powered up with the jumper shorting the "CONFIG" pins, NOVRAM is cleared and the default settings for the password and port assignment elements are restored. This does not affect the remaining configuration or database for the DMS-3500.
- Remove the jumper and place it back over one of the pins. The default settings listed below are in effect until set to different values: Level 3 Password: 170 Serial Port 1: 9600 1 7 E P N Serial Port 2: 2400 1 7 E P M CAUTION: Return the jumper to its original position. If this is not done, the new password and port settings will be lost the next time power is cycled to the DMS-3500.