Configuration of BACnet Alarming from 3rd party BACnet IP Device that does not support Dynamic Device Binding. (i.e Notifier Fire Panel and etc.)
- 3rd Party BACnet IP device
- Notifier Fire Panel
When 3rd party BACnet IP device (i.e. Notifier fire panel) supports Dynamic Object Binding, as Continuum WS supports Dynamic Device Binding only, the alarm recipient device (i.e. alarm recipient Continuum WS) needs to be set up in a different way to provide Static Binding information to the 3rd party device as below in order to get the alarm delivered to Continuum WS from the 3rd party BACnet IP device.
- Open the editor of the EventNotification in the 3rd party IP device from BACnet View.
- Go to Delivery tab, click Add Recipient button, or double click the existing recipient WS.
- Check "BACnet Address" checkbox, and uncheck "Guarantee Delivery" checkbox.
- Type NetNumber:MACAddress manually as below and save.
** The NetNumber is the BacNet Number from 3rd party device's perspective. The netnumber is 0 by default for most devices but need to consult with the device vendor to get the correct NetNumber. NetNumber of 65535 can be used for broadcasting.
** The MACAddress is the WS's IP address in Hex+BAC0 at the end. For example, Continuum WS IP address is 10.11.12.13, the MACAddress should be 0a0b0c0dBAC0.
** The value for the attribute is 0:0a0b0c0dBAC0. (It can be set to 65535:0a0b0c0dBAC0 for Broadcasting)