NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
What is the process for converting a Continuum Single User system to a Continuum LAN system.
Site wants to upgrade from Continuum Single User system to a Continuum LAN System.
- Order Continuum Key Upgrades from all Continuum CyberStation workstations and WebClient Servers.
- Coordinate with customers IT department
- Order all TCP/IP node addresses
- Coordinate the purchase and installation of all software
- Order all necessary domain accounts
- Make sure all domain accounts have sufficient permissions to support the installed systems.
PREPARE THE NEW CONTINUUM DATABASE ON SQL SERVER
- Set up your server and install SQL Server 2005 or 2008.
Install CyberStation on a service Laptop or PC .
- Disable all virus protection software
- Disable all spyware software
- Disable all firewall software.
- Install Continuum CyberStation
Run Database Initialization on service laptop
- Create new Continuum database.. NOTE: The new database should be given a name that differs from the existing database.
- Create the service Laptop workstation with a unique Device ID and Network ID.
- Launch Continuum
- Logon and verify that Continuum appears to be running normally.
MOVE FILES FROM EXISTING SU WORKSTATION TO THE SQL 2008 SERVER
- Backup PinFiles on original stand alone Cyberstation and move them to New Graphics Files folder on the new database server.
- Backup Background image files on original stand alone Cyberstation and move them to the background image files folder under New Graphics Files on the new database server.
- Backup the existing database and move it to the backup folder under SQL on the new Database server.
- Restore backup to Continuum database in SQL on the new database server..
- Shut down all the Cyberstation workstations that are attached to the old database.
Change DB Owner
- Run query on new Continuum database
- Enter the text SP_ChangeDBOwner Andover97
- Execute this query.
- Query should return Success.
- Run Database initialization on the service CyberStation and update the new SQL 2008 Continuum database.
- Launch CyberStation on the service laptop and verify that the system is fully functional.
- Shut down service laptop.
CONNECT EXISTING WORKSTION TO THE NEW DATABASE SERVER
- Startup Existing CyberStation PC
- Launch Database Initialization
- Under Server, Update the new Continuum database with the same information entered via the service laptop..
- Under Workstation update the server information and apply.
- Launch Continuum.
Configure Graphic File Location
- From Start Programs Continuum, run Pinpoint
- Under the View menu select Options.
- Enter the path on the new Continuum database server for the Graphic (Pin Files)
- Enter the path on the new Continuum database server for the Image files
- Enter the path on the new Continuum database server for the Background files
- Select Check and verify that no errors appear (Red X)
- Ideally uninstall SQL Express or MSDE or at least stop the service from running.
- Delete the Windows Scheduled tasks: CS_Distn, CS_Hrly, CS_ Minute as these are now performed by Jobs on the SQL server.
- Test all Continuum functionality.
- Setup a scheduled automatic db backup routine in SQL.
- Setup a scheduled trend log truncation routine in SQL.