- When using RS-232 port to download Menta program, the neuron ID of I/O modules can't be downloaded.
- When downloading Menta program to Xenta 280/300 (with /N/P) through RS-232 port, the LED besides Service Pin flashes red. When plug OP onto the controller, only “No Answer” shows.
- Vista 5
- Xenta programmable controllers
- Xenta 280, 281, 282, 283, 300, 301, 302, 401, 401:B
- Xenta I/O modules
The network configuration can't be downloaded through RS-232 port.
When downloading Menta program to Xenta 280/300 (with /N/P) through RS-232 port in Vista 5, the normal method can't download the network configuration information to the controller, such like the blueprint, the neuron ID of controller and I/O modules. Then the following steps can be followed:
- Create the Xenta 280/300 controller in the Workstation. The LTA interface can be the Xenta Server, Loytec port or Echelon Port. It does not matter.
- Assign the Menta file to the Xenta 280/300 controller. Also manually type the neuron IDs of the controller and I/O modules in the Workstation.
- Right click on the Xenta controller and click “Edit” to open the Menta interface.
- Press F12 and “Online” button to download the Menta program into Xenta 280/300 controller.
The controller or I/O modules should work fine now.