- SNVT_str_asc (ASCII string) is being brought into/sent out of Menta.
- SNVT output for "location" required by job specs.
- What are the capabilities for handling ASCII strings in Menta?
- Menta 5
Menta does not have a very robust ASCII string handling, but it can be done.
Menta can use special modes on the PIDI block to encode/decode ASCII characters into decimal character values. Macro libraries exist to perform these actions:
- Right click in the white space in Menta and select "Load Macro..."
Navigate to Macro Block Library > Miscellaneous > SNVT
- Load str_asc_OUT2.AUT for an example of outputting a SNVT_str_asc
- Load str_asc_IN343.AUT for an example of inputting a SNVT_str_asc
Different string handling applications are available: