What LonWorks data is accessible from a Xenta Server and what can the data be used for?
TAC I/NET, TAC Vista, Satchwell MicroNet
- Xenta 500
- Xenta 700
- Xenta 900
There are different types of data accessible on a LonWorks network.
- TAC network variables / Public Signals - TAC proprietary communication for signals from Xenta programmable controllers
- SNVT - network variables available for bindings
- SCPT/UCPT - Configuration properties for LonWorks devices.
- UNVT - User defined SNVT.
Data accessible from a Xenta Server can be used in Xbuilder in multiple ways:
- Polling - value polled for use in graphics page, values page, alarm, trending, and scheduling.
- Connection object - poll and send process to pass value from one device to another (could cross protocols).
- SNVT binding - binding from a SNVT created on the Xenta Server.
Use the following table to identify which signals types are supported and how they can be used.
|Data type||Polling||Connection Object||Binding|
1Xenta Server must be commissioned to have the TAC group address in its address table.
- Create group bindings in TAC System Plug-in for LNS networks
- Commission LonWorks network for Xenta Servers in Classic networks
- Commission and download Xenta Server acting as LonWorks unit in a LonWorks group in Classic network.
2SNVTs must be created by Xbuilder on the Xenta Server device. These SVNTs are then bound using a network management tool such as LonMaker or NL-220.