Procedure to replace Satchwell MicroNet MN300, MN440, MN500 or MN620 controller with Satchwell MicroNet 50 series controllers MN350, MN450, MN550 or MN650
Satchwell MicroNet series controllers:
- MN300, MN440, MN500, MN620
- MN350, MN450, MN550, MN620
Satchwell VisiSat version 2.1 and above.
Satchwell MicroNet series MN300, MN440, MN500 and MN620 are no longer available for sale and they are replaced by the MN350, MN450, MN550 and MN650 controllers respectively. See Product Announcement for details.
MN300, MN440, MN500 and MN620 controllers installed on existing installations that are required to be replaced would have to be replaced with the new range of controllers.
To replace Satchwell MicroNet MN300, MN440, MN500 or MN620 controller with Satchwell MicroNet 50 series controllers MN350, MN450, MN550 or MN650 follow the procedure below.
Pre-VisiSat 2.1 projects (VisiSat 1.2 and VisiSat 2.0) should be upgraded to VisiSat 2.1 using the Project Upgrade Utility.
Download VisiSat 2.1 Engineering Guide here.
Refer to pages 47 - 50 for using the Project Upgrade Utility
- Open the VisiSat project
- Right-click on the existing controller and select "Upgrade Controller."
- There is a prompt to save the controller configuration (.CLC file). Select 'Yes'.
- The controller object in VisiSat will now be converted to a MN50 Series controller.
- Replace the controller hardware. Make sure the jumpers are set correctly and that communications card, if existing should be taken out and installed into the new controller.
Right-click on the controller object in VisiSat and select 'Configuration Library'. Select 'Download Configuration' (2nd button from the left in the Configuration Library). This will download the configuration to the new controller.
Refer to pages 135 - 140 in the VisiSat 2.1 Engineering Guide for using the Configuration Library.
NOTE: In the Configuration Library, the first button from the right is the "Upgrade Controller" option. This performs the same function as the "Upgrade Controller" mentioned in step 3 above.