Configuration of a simple Autodial system.
Clarification of the setup requirements for a simple configuration.
A simple configuration will consist of the main Sigma site and one remote site.
Although this description is based on Sigma 4.05 SEB, the general configuration applies to all releases.
Steps to be taken;
- Configuration of the Sigma server. (Click HERE).
- Download CO??.set to the DNN.
- Connect the modem to the DNN (port ?), using the appropriate connection lead. (Connection lead details).
- Configure RIP listener on the Sigma server. (See Lessons Learned Article #5187).
- If RIP cannot be used add Persistent routes to the Sigma server. (See Lessons Learned Article #3274). You will need to add routes to the remote site networks. Using the examples show in the Autodial Setup.doc, the following should be entered.
- Route add -p 192.168.100.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.158.72.123 (this is for the Ethernet network).
- Route add -p 192.168.2.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.158.72.123 (this is for the PSTN network).
- Request data from the remote site, the modem should attempt to dial.
- Go to the remote site and connect the modem to controller (port ?) using the appropriate connection lead.
- Connect locally to the controller and download the CO??.set file.
- Coldstart the controller and allow it to recover from the Default Sigma server.