What is the procedure on transferring Continuum from one PC to another PC?
Workstation hardware must be replaced.
Collect information from the existing machine
- Backup the Continuum Database
- Collect all IP address, DNS server and WINS server IP information from the existing workstation.
- Determine if the workstation was a member of a network domain and record the domain name.
- Run Continuum Database Initialization on the existing machine.
- Select Workstation.
Record the following information.
- Workstation Name
- Folder Name
- Device Node ID
- Network ID
- Data Source Name
- Database Name
- User Login ID
- Server Name.
- Verify that you have the correct database User Password.
Start Continuum and run PinPoint.
- From the View menu select Options
- Record the folder path indicated under Graphics (Pin Files):.
- Record the folder path indicated under Image:.
- Record the folder path indicated under Background:.
Install CyberStation on the new machine
- Before removing the existing machine from the network, start the new Workstation without connecting it to the network.
- Log on to the PC using an the Local Administrator password.
- Configure the IPaddress, DNS server and WINS server IP address collected from the existing machine.
- Disable all Virus protection software.
- Turn off all FireWalls (Windows 7 has three firewalls).
- On Windows 7 machines disable Windows Defender.
- On Windows 7 machines shut off SPS Software Protection Services.
- Install Cyberstation on the new Workstation PC
- Shut down the PC.
Note: Do not run Continuum Database Initialization at this point.
Swap the workstations
- Shutdown the existing workstation and remove it from the network.
- Connect the new workstation to the network
- Start the computer.
- Log on to the computer using an Administrator level user account.
- If the existing workstation was connected to a network domain, join the network domain.
- Verify that you have full network connectivity by pinging known ethernet addresses.
Update the Continuum Database.
- Run Continuum Database Initialization.
- Enter the information under Workstation using the information collected on the existing machine and apply changes.
- Launch Continuum CyberStation and verify that Cyberstation is working properly.
- From the View Menu select Options
- Enter the pinpoint file path location collected from the existing workstation.
- Select the Checkbutton and verify that a failure notice (a red "X") does not appear beside any item.
- Apply changes.
- Verify that all Continuum functions are operating as expected.