- Access denied
If Vista user Everyone has no rights no user in the system will be able to add or modify root objects.
Also, if the Vista server (or one of the Vista servers) is owned by someone else (eg. not $Administrators) you will get the same error.
Change the user Everyone's rights to at least "read"
- In Vista right click Vista database
- Right click and choose authority
- Make sure the user Everyone at least have read right
If the Vista server is owned by someone else then $Administrator
1. Login as a user that belongs to the group $Administrator
2. Right click on the Vista database and choose authority
3. Click on take ownership