How do I reboot the VCD5000/VCD5202?
Pelco Video Management
Endura VCD5000/VCD5202- All versions
A reboot of the unit is needed.
Follow the following steps to reboot the VCD5000/VCD5202:
- Press the Power button on the front of the VCD. It will initiate the shutdown process and will shut down within 2 minutes.
- Press the Power button again after the unit is off. The unit will power back on.
note: Do not hold the Power button down. If the Power button is held down for 3 second the unit will perform a hard shutdown of the box and could cause damage.
Launch Endura Utilities, log in and press Search.
note: The default login credentials for Endura Utilities version 2.2 and below is [Username: Administrator and Password: configapp], however version 2.3 and greater removed that unique login credential requirement, and instead authenticates against the standard Endura Credentials used for WS5XXX and VCD5200. The default login in that case is [Username: admin and Password: admin].
- Locate the VCD5000/VCD5202.
- Right click and choose SSH into. [Username: root and Password: pel2899100]
- From the command prompt that appears enter the word reboot and hit Enter.