- What is required to upgrade firmware of the Spectra III and Spectra IV analog PTZ camera.
- Spectra series displays "waiting for download" when nothing is plugged into the service port.
Warning: When updating older versions be sure to contact technical support to verify that the hardware will support the software driver changes.
- Analog Spectra III
- Analog Spectra IV
- Analog Spectra Mini
- PA02-0041-5042 Spectra IV Host board assembly
- NULL Modem Cable
- Downloader 2
Update of firmware for Spectra III or Spectra IV is recommended by technical support.
Update of the Analog Spectra III/IV series camera requires the following:
- IPS-CABLE: IPS-Cable
- Null Modem Cable
- Downloader 2 program: Downloader 2.2.12 zip file
- Handheld Monitor (75ohm bnc input)
- Latest available Firmware release for Spectra Series from Pelco website.
- Install the "Download II" program on laptop: Downloader 2.2.12 zip file
- Install the drivers for the USB convertor from same link provided in Step 1.
Download the following required firmware from the Pelco Download Center: DLCenter link
* Use the Search title of "Spectra IV Firmware".
* Download Spectra IV Dome Drive Firmware ver. 2. _ _ _ (latest version)
* Download Spectra IV Windows Language File ver 2._ _ _ (latest version)
* Download Spectra IV Fonts for Windows ver 1. _ _ _ (latest version)
- IPS Cable connection to Spectra RJ45 port can be viewed here: Null Modem connection. When the dome drive is plugged back in the video displays waiting for download. If this placard display when there is nothing plugged in, the unit has a problem and may require repair.
- Gain PTZ control. PTZ control should be established first prior to attempting upload. See control option pages here.
- Once PTZ control is established, Upload the Software (single file at a time) according to C2458M-F. See upload pages here.
- Wait until the CONFIGURE DONE message appears before disconnecting the IPS-CABLE.
* A manual reboot of Spectra may be required to fully accept the firmware update.
* Pelco provides no wiring diagram for the IPS-CABLE. Purchase of the IPS-CABLE is highly recommended to establish critical communication line connection during firmware update. Incorrect comm establishment from mis-wiring may result in product failure and require a factory repair.
Click here for IPS Cable/Downloader II App manual C2458M-F