Does the DX8100 support Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)?
Pelco Video Management
DX8100 Series hybrid video recorder (HVRs)
Use SNMP protocol to monitor the attached DX8100 health conditions.
Any SNMP monitoring software can be used to monitor DX8100 system health events. This section describes the guidelines for implementing
DX8100 and SNMP monitoring software communication.
– Supported versions: SNMPv1 and SNMPv2
– SNMP community string: pelco
• NMS: Although the version 1.2 WinXP firewall is opened to allow incoming SNMP requests on port 161/udp, third-party network
management stations (NMS) are not able to query a DX8100 running IPSec.
To enable a NMS to query the DX8100, select one of the following options:
– IPSec on: Run IPSec on the NMS (with the same passphrase, authentication, and encryption settings) performing SNMP polling.
– IPSec off: Turn IPSec off on the DX8100.
Ping echoes are enabled through the WinXP firewall, so that a third-party network management station can autodiscover DX8100s (standard
NOTE: Windows 2000 does not include a built-in firewall.