How do I configure network settings in the DVR5100 series hybrid video recorder?
DVR5100 series hybrid video recorder (HVRs)
Configure DVR5100 recorder network settings for remote client, assign IP address, set bandwidth throttle, and DNS server.
To set up the system network information do the following:
1. If the Main menu is not already open, press the “M” key [or Menu ]. Click the Setup icon to access the System setup screens.
2. Click on the Network Tab
3. Click the Mode list [or use the joystick] to select a Static or DHCP address type. If your system uses static IP addresses, you must also enter
information for the subnet mask and default gateway.
4. Select the Bandwidth Throttle:
Set the Limit. The options are LAN (default), T1, 768 Kbps, 512 Kbps, 384 Kbps, 256 Kbps, and 128 Kbps.
NOTE: If you are changing the bandwidth limit, the remote client(s) currently connected may need to be restarted.
5. Set the Max VPN Sessions. (how many simultaneous remote client connections)
6. If necessary, select the “DNS server” box, and then type the domain name service server that you use to locate dynamic IP addresses.
7. Select “Enable remote client” if operators will use the DVR5100 remote client application to access the DVR5100 from a remote computer.
NOTE: You will need this access key when setting up a remote client connection.