NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
Formatting the system drives on the DX4500/4600.
Pelco Video Management
- Newly installed drive.
- Storage Drive Space not being detected or indicating a reformat is required.
- DVR not recording.
Format Hard drive Partitions:
NOTE: The default setting is ALL. The settings box can be accessed, but it cannot be changed. If a new drive is installed, the system only formats the newly installed drive; the current drives are not reformatted.
- From the System menu, on the front panel or remote control, press ENTER. Then press the up/down arrow buttons to highlight Hard Disk. Using the mouse, click the Hard Disk option. The hard drive settings are displayed.
- Format all hard drives.
- On the front panel or remote control:
(1) Press ENTER, and then press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight the Format button.
(2) Press ENTER.
- Using the mouse, click the Format button.
The “Formatting the HDD will delete all existing data.” virtual keyboard opens.
a. Type YES (all CAPS) to start the formatting process. On the front panel or remote control, press any of the arrow buttons to highlight the first character of the word, and then press ENTER. Repeat this process to enter the remaining characters. Using the mouse, click each character.
b. On the front panel or remote control, press any of the arrow buttons to highlight OK, and then press ENTER. Using the mouse, click OK. After the hard drives are formatted, the “Restart the system.” dialog box is displayed.
c. On the front panel or remote control, press ENTER. Using the mouse, click OK. The system restarts.