How to update the DX4104 Series DVR using the Network Server option.
Pelco Video Management
Update DX4104 Server to current firmware using the network configuration.
DX4104 UPDATING FROM THE NETWORK SERVER
The Operation/Configuration manual provides users an option for updating the server through the network configuration. The application described in this Tech Tip is an example of a ftp server that will work with the DX4104. ALFTP is a ftp server and has successfully been tested with the Pelco DX4104. To configure the ALFTP, follow the steps below:
Note: Make sure to place the FTP server IP address used in the DX4104 server before attempting this process.
- Go to http://www.altools.com/Downloads/ALFTP.aspx and download the ALFTP.EXE.
- If the Security Warning prompt opens, click Run.
In the ALFTP setup wizard, click Next.
In the License Agreement screen, click the radio button to accept the agreement and click Next.
In the Select Destination Location screen, the Browse field contains the root directory for placing the update file for the DX4104. Click Next.
- In the Select Start Menu Folder screen, click Next.
- In the next screen, Additional Tasks, it is recommended to select the Desktop and Quick Launch Icon options.
- Click Next, Next, and click the Finish button to complete the Setup Wizard.
CONNECTING TO THE DX4104 USING THE ALFTP SERVER
When the Finish button is selected on the Setup Wizard screen, the Select Site to Connect to screen will appear. Click Cancel.
- On the toolbar at the top of the screen, click the Server icon and choose the Run Server option.
- The Server Setup prompt box will appear. In the Server IP address field, make sure the IP address matches your PC. In the Directory Settings section, the Home Directory is where you place the "ramdisk" DX4104 server software, then click OK.
- On the DX4104 server, go to Setup > System > Update. In the Method field, choose Network. Enter the IP address of your ALFTP in the Update Server field and click Update. The update process will begin.