Why does my KBD300A have no control/communication with PTZ camera or Matrix?
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Matrix
- PTZ camera (Spectra/Esprit)
- Matrix system
- KBD300A is locked up due to numerous keys pressed.
- KBD300A is not wired to PTZ or Matrix system correctly.
- Wrong type wire used for installation.
- KBD300A is not installed according to installation recommendations.
Here is a list of things to check when no ptz control or matrix communication:
I. For new installation, check the following:
- Incorrect cable selection.
- Wiring terminal attachments.
- Power is present from KBDKIT transformer.
- KBD300A switch settings.
- Using proper Matrix port for Keyboard connection option
- Programming of Matrix to support KBD300 Device connection
II. For existing installation site check the following:
- Cable corrosion
- Cable breakdown/connection
- Programming of system has not been modified.
- Voltage to KBD is present.
- Cycle power to KBD300 and re-attempt control.