How do I configure the Endura SM5000 System Manager failover using Endura Utilities?
Pelco Video Management
Endura SM5000 - All versions
Would like to configure the SM5000 to failover to another SM5000 in case of failure.
The procedure below can be used to configure Endura SM5000 System Manager failover via Endura Utilities.
- Power on the SM5000 that will be used as the Primary SM5000, keep the Failover SM5000 powered off at this time.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the EndurAdmin Web interface. i.e. https://192.168.5.10:10000 , please replace the IP address to match that of the Primary SM5000 via SM5000 Setup Wizard
- Login to the EndurAdmin web application as an administrator. The default username is admin with a password of admin.
- Click on Servers -> System Manager Failover.
- Type in the IP address that will be used for the other SM5000 in the IP address of the other SM field.
- Enable Failover Event Arbiter, Failover Script Manager, and Failover System Logger. If the Primary SM5000 will be used as the DHCP server, ensure that Start DHCP at boot is also enabled. Please note that DHCP does not failover.
- Click on Submit and then logout of EndurAdmin.
- Ensure that the entire Endura system is fully operational and that all devices are installed and functioning on the Primary SM5000 before continuing.
- Open Endura Utilities and login as an Endura system administrator.
- Click on the SM Search button.
- Click on System Attributes and select the SM5000 listed within the left column.
- Right click on the SM5000 in the right column.
- Select System Manager Actions -> SM Backup... and select the desired location to save the SM5000 backup. Click OK to begin the backup process.
- Connect Failover directly to the Workstation with a cross-over cable and Power on the SM5000 that will be used as the Failover SM5000
- Follow steps 2-7 and replace the IP address to match that of the Failover SM5000. Do not enable DHCP on the Failover SM5000 unless you are sure that it will not conflict with any other DHCP servers in the network. If unsure, leave Start DHCP at boot to Disabled.
- Repeat steps 9-11.
- Select System Manager Actions -> SM Restore... and type in the IP address of the Failover SM5000. Click OK.
- Browse for the file that was created in step 12 and click Open. This will complete the SM5000 Failover process.
Test the system by plugging the Failover into the Endura network and then powering off the Primary SM5000. Within ten minutes the Failover SM5000 services will start and the system should function just as it would on the Primary with the exception of DHCP and NTP if being used.
How to check the Buddy IP address on an SM5000
1. ssh into the Primary SM5000 or run a one-time script with the following content, grep buddy /home/pelco/devicemanager/config.pm The output will read our $buddy_ip="192.168.5.11"; (The IP address of the Failover SM5000)
2. ssh into the Failover SM5000 or run a one-time script with the following content, grep buddy /home/pelco/devicemanager/config.pm The output will read our $buddy_ip="192.168.5.10"; (The IP address of the Primary SM5000)