How do I install the CM9700-MGR Matrix System Manager software?
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR USING CM9700-MGR
- Microsoft ® Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7 or higher (install the latest Windows service packs and critical updates from the Windows Update site on a regular basis)
- Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher • Intel ® Pentium ® class processor, 90 MHz
- VGA monitor with 800 x 600 or higher resolution with 256 colors
- 64 MB or more of RAM (96 MB recommended)
- 1 GB of free hard disk space (if the PC operating system is Windows XP. If the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 is already installed on the PC, then a minimum of 150 MB is acceptable, but 1 GB is recommended).
- CD-ROM drive
- 1 serial port
Software is needed to make programming updates to the CM9700 Matrix system.
To install the CM9700-MGR Matrix System Manager software, follow step 1-9:
- Install the CM9700-MGR on a PC.
- Close all programs on your PC (this step is optional but recommended).
- Insert the CM9700 Resource CD into the CD drive on your PC. This CD is provided in the system binder.
The CM9700 Resources window opens.
TIP: If the CM9700 Resources window does not open, complete the following steps:
- Click the Windows operating system Start button.
- Click Run.
- Click Browse and then browse to the CD (which is typically on the D: drive).
- Click the System 9700 application file, and then click Open.
- Click OK.
- Click Install CM9700-MGR, and then click the appropriate language. (It is strongly recommended that you select the language that matches the operating system on your PC.)
- The 9700 System Manager setup screen opens. Click OK.
The Microsoft .NET framework is installed as part of the CM9700-MGR installation process, unless this software is already installed on your PC.
If the Microsoft .NET framework setup screen does not open, this means that the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 is already present on your PC. Continue to step 8.
The installation process verifies the .NET version level and updates the software to the current version, if necessary. This process will not require any additional steps on your part except for possibly restarting the PC if prompted.
If the Microsoft .NET framework setup screen opens, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the .NET installation.
- Once the .NET version 1.1 installation is complete (or if the current version of the .NET software is already installed on the PC) the 9700 System Manager Setup Wizard opens.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the CM9700-MGR installation. Remove the CD when finished.