NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
Connect a PTZ camera to the DX4500/DX4600 server.
Pelco Video Management
- DX4500/DX4600 Series
- PTZ camera using two wires Pelco D/P
Installation of a PTZ camera to DX4500/DX4600 Series
CONNECTING PTZ CAMERAS
PTZ devices can be connected to the DX4500/DX4600 using the two RS-422/RS-485 ports located on the back of the unit: DATA 1 and DATA 2. PTZ camera control is achieved by using the respective protocol for that camera.
DX4500/DX4600 support for PTZ camera connection is summarized as follows:
- 8-channel DVRs supports up to 8 serial PTZ cameras
- 16-channel DVRs supports up to 16 serial PTZ cameras
- Maximum distance for serial communication lines is 4,000 ft (1219 m)
- Multiple PTZ cameras are connected by daisy-chaining the camera connections or using a CM9760-CDU-T distribution device.
To connect a PTZ camera to the DX4500/DX4600:
- Using a small screwdriver (or similar tool), push in the DATA 1 TX- terminal block retainer.
- Insert the RX- serial data line from the PTZ camera into the TX- connector, and then release the terminal block retainer.
- Verify that the RX- data line is securely fastened to the TX- terminal block.
Repeat steps 1 through 3 to connect the RX+ data line.
Click here for the PTZ Setup procedure. To configure the PTZ devices connected on the DX4500/DX4600 Series DVR, perform the steps in section "PTZ SETUP".