How do I set up the ATM/POS function in DX4700/DX4800 Series hybrid video recorders (HVRs)?
Pelco Video Management
DX4700/DX4800 Series HVRs
Information on how to configure the ATM/POS functions on the DX4700/DX4800 series HVRs.
ATM/POS recording is only available for one channel at a time. In addition to configuring the ATM/POS feature, there are other settings that must be configured. The associated features required to implement ATM/POS recording are as follows:
- Schedule menu: Allows you to schedule the ATM/POS camera channel for text recording and configure the ATM/POS camera's text record settings (resolution, quality, frame rate, and so forth).
- Linking menu: Allows you to configure the ATM/POS transaction filter settings.
The ATM/POS submenu allows you to select the transaction equipment, camera that records ATM/POS video and data, and the serial communication settings. The serial communication settings must match those of the transaction equipment.
The unit allows you to configure the following settings:
Interface Device: Allows you to select AVE Hydra or DEFAULT. The unit only supports the AVE Hydra. Learn more about AVE
- Note: The remaining settings are unavailable when AVE Hydra is selected.
- Camera: Allows you to select a camera. By default, CH 03 is selected.
- Baud Rate: Sets the baud rate (1200,2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, and 115200).
- Data Bits: 5 to 8
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Parity: NONE, ODD, or EVEN.
To set the ATM/POS settings:
- From the Camera menu, click the ATM/POS submenu. The interface device setting is DEFAULT. The remaining settings are available.
- (Optional) To select a different ATM/POS camera, click the Camera box and select a camera.
- (Optional) To change the serial communication settings, click the boxes and enter the settings. The serial communication settings must match the interface device settings.
- To select the interface device, click the Interface box, and then select AVE Hydra. The remaining settings are unavailable.
- Click Close.
- Click OK.
To complete ATM/POS recording set up, perform the following steps:
- Configure the scheduled text recording.
- Configure the ATM/POS camera settings.
- Set up the ATM/POS transaction settings for each ATM/POS camera.