How to wire up a KBD300A keyboard to the Spectra IV IP.
Spectra IV IP Series
Incorrect wiring - TX+ (terminal 1) was connected to RX- (receiver).
Using the KBD300A in Direct Mode is a single keyboard installation.
To connect the keyboard:
- If the dip switches on the keyboard have not been set already, set 5, 6, 7 ON (down).
- Determine the location for the keyboard. The keyboard must be located within 25 feet (7.6 m) of where you will install the wall block. The wall block must be within 6 feet (1.8 m) of the nearest electrical outlet to accommodate the transformer.
- Remove the cover from the wall block. Wire the connections between the wall block and the receiver/driver.
- Connect TX+ (terminal 1) on the wall block to RX+ on the receiver.
- Connect TX- (terminal 2) on the wall block to RX- on the receiver.
- Connect the transformer to terminals 3 and 4.
4. Replace the cover on the wall block. Secure the wall block to a suitable surface with the double sided sticky pad that is supplied.
5. Plug the transformer into a power outlet.
6. Connect the 25-foot (7.6 m) cable that is supplied with the keyboard. Plug one end into the wall block and other end to keyboard receptacle.