Pause live video using VCD5202 cause user to lose control of the KBD5000 keyboard.
Pelco Video Management
There is an unique association between the cameras and the storage pool, by pausing a live video stream when the NSM5200 storage is unavailable will cause the issue.
To initiate recording in Endura 2.0, cameras are assigned to a NSM5200 storage pool. This assignment creates a unique association between the cameras and the storage pool. In the event that the NSM5200 storage pool becomes unavailable, pausing a live video stream (H.264 or MPEG4) will cause:
- The time overlay on the VCD5202 to stop incrementing.
- User to lose control of the KBD5000 keyboard for about 11 seconds.
The time stamp freezes because pausing a live video stream initiates a query for recorded video from a storage pool that is unavailable. After 11 seconds, the query will time out and the time will resume normally. Live video is unaffected. As a preventive measure, follow these recommendations:
- Ensure the system has at least one working NSM5200 in the storage pool at all times.
- When a storage pool is permanently removed, use Endura Utilities to "Remove NVR Associations".
- Do not pause live video associated to a storage pool that is temporarily offline. For example, the NSM5200(s) may be shutdown temporary for maintenance.