How to upgrade the DX8100 Series video recorders from software version 1.2 to version 2.0?
How to upgrade the DX8100 Series video recorders from software version 2.0.00.2717 to 2.0.00.2727.
Pelco Video Management
- DX8100 v1.2 (Windows XP embedded)
- DX8100 v2.00.2717
- Upgrade DX8100 v1.2 to v2.0
- Upgrade DX8100 v2.0.00.2717 to v2.0.00.2727
Download the 2727 patch: https://schneider-electric.box.com/s/afx3bzt2tia3istnq42d7tptcsji9u3b
- Insert the media (disc or USB device) that contains the upgrade file. **Upgrade patch file and PDF instructions can be download by clicking here.
- From the DX8100 menu bar, choose File > Software Upgrade. The "Select Upgrade Package" dialog box appears.
- Click Browse. The "Open" dialog box appears.
- Browse to "DX8100 Server", Data1 folder, then select setup.exe file.
- Click Open. The "Select Upgrade Package" dialog box appears.
- Click Next. The "Select Server" dialog box appears and displays a list of the connected DX8100s, including the local HVR. Updates to the local server and all connected remote servers can be initiated from this dialog box.
Select a local or remote HVR server to update:
- Local server: Select the site name of your system from the "Select Server" list.
- Remote server: Select the remote server from the "Select Server" list, and then click Connect.
- Click Next and wait for the DX8100 Software Upgrade utility to copy the necessary files to the selected DX8100 server.
At the completion of the update process, a dialog box will appear prompting to update another server (if desired).
- Click Yes to select another server to update.
- Click No to finish the update process and reboot.
The local or remote server will reboot 30 seconds after the upgrade process is completed.
Note: Following the above steps to upgrade the DX8100 server version will not result in the loss of recorded video data, the server software is upgraded only. If there are video playback issues after the upgrade, may be the result of an existing condition previous to the upgrade.