Can the DX4700/DX4800(HD) HVR be programmed to trigger a preset from a PTZ camera on an alarm?
Pelco Video Management
- PTZ Camera
- Alarm Linking
Move PTZ camera to a desired location when an alarm is triggered.
Yes. The systems can be confirmed to hit a certain preset. The setup is configured in the following location: Setup > Linking > Alarm.
The unit allows you to configure the following settings:
- In (input channel): Specifies the alarm input (1 to 16) for configuration. IP cameras cannot be set to go to preset on alarm.
- Input Type: Alarms are configured for normally open (N.O.) or normally closed (N.C.) inputs.
- Camera: Selects the camera (01 to 16, NONE) to be linked to the alarm input. Multiple cameras can be linked to one alarm input.
- Relay Output: Links the alarm input to the relay output: NONE, 01 to 04.
Preset: Allows you to assign a preset number to an alarm input.
NOTES: The alarm input, camera channel, and relay output have the following guidelines:
- Use the Input Channel setting to assign one alarm input to one specific camera channel.
- Use the Camera setting to assign one camera to multiple alarm inputs.
- Use the Relay Output setting to assign a relay output to multiple alarm inputs.
To configure the alarm input channels:
- From the Setup menu, click the Linking submenu.
- Click Alarm.
- Click the Input Type box, and select the alarm state.
- Click the Camera box, and select the desired channel.
- Configure the remaining settings.
- Repeat the previous steps (as necessary) to configure additional channels.
- Click Close.
- Click OK