How to use the DX8100 Series Hybrid Video Recorder "Camera Security" feature to "Covert" a camera.
Pelco Video Management
DX8100 HVR Series
Enable security on the camera.
- On the DX8100 toolbar, click the Setup button. The Setup dialog opens to the Camera page.
In the Camera Properties section, do the following:
- Select a camera from the Channel drop-down box. Alternately, you can click a camera in the Site Tree to select it.
- Verify that Local Camera is displayed in the associated Selected Channel drop-down box.
- Set camera security level. The default security levels are as follows:
- None: The camera can be viewed by all users.
Low: The camera can be viewed by all users except the Guest account.
- NOTE: If you do not want video from a low security level camera to be viewed by the Guest user, set the security level for that camera to medium or higher.
- Medium: The camera can be viewed by users with Standard User access and higher.
- High: The camera can be viewed by users with Power User access and higher.
- Click Apply.