How to adjust video resolution on the DX8000 Series digital video recorder.
Pelco Video Management
DX8000 Series DVR
Increase/decrease video resolution to adjust the video quality and recording retention.
To set recording resolution and frame rates for each channel:
1. On the DX8000 toolbar, click . The Setup dialog box opens to the Camera page.
2. In the Setup dialog box, click . The Schedule page is displayed.
3. In the Frame Rate Configuration dialog box, click Advanced. The advanced frame rate configuration controls are displayed.
4. Select the radio button of the recording mode you want to configure. Options are as follow:
5. Select resolution values for individual channels from the drop-down boxes. The following table describes the available resolution values.
Setting a resolution values for one recording mode sets the resolution value for all modes. For example, setting resolution to 640 x 480 in Motion recording mode will change the resolution to 640 x 480 in Normal and Alarm recording modes as well.
|CIF||320 x 240||352 x 288|
|2CIF||640 x 240||704 x 288|
|4CIF||640 x 480||704 x 576|
|2CIF||720 x 240||720 x 288|
|4CIF||720 x 480||720 x 576|
6. Using the Maximum Frame Rate Settings sliders, set the maximum frame rate for each resolution.
Setting the maximum frame rate for a resolution will impose a limit on how high frame rates can be set on individual channels using that resolution. In certain cases, setting a lower maximum frame rate for a particular resolution may free up resources to be used by channels set at another resolution. In any case, frame rates cannot be set for any channel or resolution beyond the availability calculated by the DX8000.
9. Click Default to set the Maximum Frame Rate Settings values back to their factory defaults.