How do I use the Smart Search feature in DS ControlPoint?
Pelco Video Management
Smart search is only supported by cameras using Integral Motion detection. When reviewing an IP camera with in-camera motion detection, the Smart Search option is not available. Smart search is a server side feature that takes advantage of the motion data generated by Integral Motion detection.
To use Smart Search, perform the following from DS ControlPoint:
- Perform a Search. From the Playback menu Click the "SmartSearch" icon.
- Click the "Search" button.
- Drag the camera you want to perform the Smart Search on into an available window pane.
- Using the timeline at the bottom, highlight the timeframe you want to search then click "Next".
- The next page will display your video, pause the video then right-click on the video and select "Smart Search".
- Using your mouse, mask the area you want to perform the Smart Search on then click "Next".
- DS ControlPoint will perform the search and display video that happened within the specified area.
Note: Cameras must be using Server Side motion to use the Smart Search feature. Update: IP cameras work as of 7.12. or greater.