How do I enable pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) functionality in the WS5000 Advanced System Management Software?
Pelco Video Management
Enable pan, tilt and zoom features through software.
To enable PTZ controls:
- Go into Setup mode in the WS5000 software by clicking on the wrench-shaped icon on the toolbar.
- Click on Devices tab
- Find the camera in question, filters can be used to make searching easier.
- Set the camera type to "Pan and Tilt" or "Dome". The default option is "Fixed".
Select the PTZ control mode type. Options include the following:
- Extended Coaxitron
- Pelco D
- Pelco P
PTZ mode may also be set through Pelco Utilities.
Launch Pelco Utilities, log in and press Search.
note: The default login credentials for Endura Utilities version 2.2 and below is [Username: Administrator and Password: configapp], however version 2.3 and greater removed that unique login credential requirement, and instead authenticates against the standard Endura. The default login in that case is [Username: admin and Password: admin].
- Locate the camera in question and right click.
- Choose Device Actions>Set PTZ mode..