- How to run the partition disc on the DX8100 Series hybrid video recorder (HVR).
- After replacing a HDD and running the Recovery, the DX8100 boots up with a blank screen and a dash or flashing cursor.
- OS Partition Disk
Pelco Video Management
DX8100 Series HVR system
System loses Master Boot record and will not boot.
To partition the primary hard drive or upon reboot there is a Flashing cursor:
- Insert the CD-DX81Partition disc in the DX8100 CD/DVD drive.
- Start the DX8000/DX8100.
Enter the BIOS by pressing the Delete key when the Pelco splash screen is displayed. The BIOS SETUP UTILITY dialog appears.
NOTE: If you receive a prompt requesting that you enter a password, contact your system administrator for assistance with logging into and changing the DX8100 BIOS Setup.
- Go to the Boot menu, and then press the down arrow key to highlight the Boot Device Priority setting.
- Press Enter. The Boot Device Priority screen appears.
- Press the plus sign (+) or minus sign (-) until CD/DVD appears first in the list.
- Press F10 and then select OK to save your changes and exit.
Boot from the OS Partition Disk. When the warning message appears, select one of the following options:
WARNING: Continuing with the following steps will delete all data, including video and system settings on the primary HDD.
• To Partition the system HDD: Type Y. The partitioning process starts.
NOTE: this process can take several minutes. For Formatting the DATA Disk, skip to PARTITIONING THE DATA DISK below.
• For a DASH or Flashing Cursor: cancel partitioning the system HDD: Type N. The process terminates and the unit exits to the command prompt.
The system displays the finished message as soon as the partitioning process is complete. At the A:/ Prompt type gdisk 1 /mbr and press the Enter key.
- • To Partition the system HDD: Type Y. The partitioning process starts.
- Eject the CD-DX81Partition disc.
- System will reboot into the PDB initialize process.
PARTITIONING THE DATA DISK
- Right-click the unallocated disk pane. The shortcut menu appears.
Select the partition format settings:
- Click New Partition. The New Partition Wizard appears.
- Click Next. The Select Partition Type dialog appears.
- Verify that the “Primary partition” option is selected.
- Click Next. The Specify Partition Size dialog appears.
- Click Next. The “Assign Drive Letter or Path” dialog appears.
- Verify that the “Assign the following drive letter” radial button is selected.
- Click Next. The Format Partition dialog appears.
- Verify that the “Format this partition with the following settings” option is selected.
- Click the check box to select “Perform a quick format.”
- Click Next. The “Completing the New Partition Wizard” appears.
- Click Finish.
- Close the Disk Management dialog.
Run the Recovery disk.