Transferring ControlPoint system settings from one computer to another computer.
Pelco Video Management
Many users have several DS and DX systems connecting with ControlPoint on different computers.
Below is the process for transferring ControlPoint system settings from one computer, and placing them onto other computers using ControlPoint: Transfer of settings may not work depending on how far apart the versions are. Pelco only supports up to 2 versions apart.
- Click Start > Run and type %AppData%/Integral for version 4.1 and older or %AppData%/Pelco for version 4.2 and later.
- Locate the ControlPointCache.xml file.
- Right-click the ControlPointCache.xml file and choose Copy .
- Copy the ControlPointCache.xml file to a USB memory drive.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 to locate the ControlPointCache.xml file on a computer that you would like to transfer the saved files to.
- Paste and replace the old ControlPointCache.xml file with the saved one from the USB memory drive.