- How to reset the CM6800E Matrix Switcher/Controller to factory defaults?
- Matrix not responding to normal function requests (alarms, sequence, monitor text display).
CM6800E Matrix Switcher/Controller
Wipe the current password.
Pelco strongly recommends uploading system settings to the CM6800E-MGR before the software reset – this will allow you to restore system settings after the software reset.
- Remove the two screws and the DIP switch cover plate from the rear of the switcher.
- Move DIP switch 7 to the ON position (to “0”).
- Cycle power. The switcher will go through a software clear cycle and reset to factory defaults.
- Move DIP switch 7 to the OFF position. Failure to move DIP switch 7 to the OFF position could result in loss of system settings during a power outage.
- Re-initialize keyboards by entering the monitor number and then pressing the MON key.
Download your previous system settings (revise settings as necessary) from the CM6800-MGR
View here for Switch Location. DIP Switch 4 to remain in factory position.