How to enable DX8100 Series IPSec (IP Security Policy) on Microsoft Windows 7.
Pelco Video Management
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Windows 7 32/64bit
- DS ControlPoint
- DX Series Client
- IP Security Policy
DX8100 client software is not supported on the Windows 7 platform; using the DS ControlPoint client or the DX Series Client does not install the IP Security policy.
Here is a workaround:
- Verify the DX8100 client software is installed on the client PC.
- Download the DX8000IPSecPol.zip file to the desktop.
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file and then double-click the file "DX8000IPSecPol.reg" file.
- If prompted by UAC, select Yes.
- You may receive a Registry Editor warning, if prompted select Yes.
- Click OK if reported successfully added to the registry.
- Open Services (Start > Search Bar and type in services.msc and press [ENTER]
- Locate the service IPsec Policy Agent and make sure the service is Started and configured for a Startup Type of Automatic.
- Open Local Security Policy (Start > Search Bar and type in local security policy, locate the select search result under Programs (1) in the start menu list.
- Click on IP Security Policies on Local Computer.
Verify you see the policy "DX8000" listed and under the column "Policy Assigned" you see the status of Yes.
To enable/disable, right-click on the DX8000 policy and select Assign to enable or Un-assign to disable.
- Using a command prompt, ping the DX8100 to verify operational.
The computer will now use the DX8000/DX8100 IP security policy when communicating with the DX8000/DX8100 recorders.