- What is the maximum cable distance for a PTZ camera using Category 5 unshielded twisted pair cable?
- Recommended Serial Data Wire Type
- Cable distance for RS422 PTZ control
- DATA wire recommendations
Pelco Recommends CAT5 or better for all serial data cabling applications.
- RS422 2-wire data for PTZ control can achieve distances of up to 4000ft using unshielded twisted pair cable CAT5 or better cable.
- Using Pelco Active UTP transceivers the video signal can achieve distances of up to 3000ft over CAT5 or better cable.
- CAT5 cable contains four twisted wire pairs. One pair can be used for the Active UTP video connection and another wire pair can be used for PTZ data.
- This will allow a video and PTZ data connection using a single CAT cable up to a maximum distance of 3000ft.
For more detailed information on UTP Page.