How do I set P or D addressing on a Spectra Mini Dome?
- Spectra Mini
- Controller that supports output of Pelco RS422 Pelco P or D ,Coaxitron protocol.
- Pelco controllers
Match communication settings of Spectra and Controller for successful ptz control.
- Place the dome drive on a flat surface with the dome liner pointing up.
- Point the camera straight up.
- Using a flashlight, look straight down through the viewing slot of the dome liner. Look at the circuit board in the bottom of the housing.
- Rotate the dome liner until you see two DIP switches on the circuit board.
Set the SW3 switches according addressing chart:
-P protocol click here
-D protocol click here
- Configure Baud Rate (communication speed) to match between camera and head end equipment. View Table A for Baud Rate Settings.
Note: Spectra MINI supports RS-422 Pelco-D and Pelco-P. It may not support 3rd party RS-485 controller.
Note: Leave Dipswitchs all OFF for Coaxitron protocol.
NOTE: After setting the spectra mini for desired address and protocol power cycle camera for settings to take effect.
Addressing charts can be found starting on pages 8-15 of the Spectra Mini Installation Manual.