After renaming the NSM5200 and storage pool, the old names are still displayed in the workstation. How do I resolve this issue?
Pelco Video Management
- Endura NSM5200- All versions
- Endura WS5000/WS5200- All versions
The workstation has not pulled the new name information from the SM5000/SM5200.
To resolve the issue, delete the "DevicesOnline.dat" file located in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Pelco\Endura\WS5000\Packages\UserConfigs\[username]\
The steps to delete the "DevicesOnline.dat" file for the default user admin is provided below. Use the same logic to delete the "DevicesOnline.dat" file under the desired profile.
Instructions to delete the file "DevicesOnline.dat" for user admin.
- Exit the WS5000 application if it is running.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Select Run.
- Type in the full path to the user folder. i.e. C:\Program Files\Pelco\Endura\WS5000\Packages\UserConfigs\admin\
- Click OK.
- Delete DevicesOnline.dat file.
- Close the folder directory.
- Start the WS5000 application and login.
Deleting the "DevicesOnline.dat" file forces the WS5000 application to grab a fresh copy of registered Endura devices from the SM5000 or SM5200 System Manager. The device names should now be reflected correctly.