Configuring VideoXpert Pro for recording using motion detection.
Pelco Video Management
VideoXpert Pro needs to be configured to record video when motion is detected.
- Create a Recording Group
- Add cameras to the group
- Add a trigger for the Recording Group
- Remove cameras from the continuous (24-7) Recording Group if necessary
- Configure the camera's motion detection settings per the camera's documentation
- Open VideoXpert VxToolbox and log in
- Connect to the desired VxPro system
- Click the 'Recording' tab
Click the 'Schedules' button
- Note: The default '24-7' record schedule may be used if all cameras will be using motion detection
- If this is the case, skip to step 10
- Create a new Recording Group if only some of the cameras will use motion detection
Click the '+' icon at the bottom of the 'Recording Groups' section
Give the new Recording Group a name and click 'Add'
- Add cameras to the newly added Recording Group:
- Select the Recording Group in the left-hand pane
- Click the 'Edit' (pencil) icon in the 'Sources' pane
- Check the box next to each camera that needs to be recorded when there is motion detection
Click 'Save Changes'
- Click the '+' icon in the right-hand pane to add a trigger for this group
- Select 'Event-Triggered Recording (Full Frame Rate)
- Select Motion Detected
- Set the Pre-Motion record value
- Select 'No Motion Detected' in the right-hand box to record
- Set the post-record duration to continue recording after the camera has stopped detecting motion
- Remove any cameras from the continuous (24-7) record schedule that don't need to be recorded all of the time
- Select the '24-7' Recording Group
- Click the 'Edit' (pencil) icon at the top of the middle pane
- Click 'Selected Resources'
- Uncheck any cameras that do not require continuous recording
click 'Save Changes'
NOTE: If server side motion or Pixel search is needed reference the following article. VxPro: How to configure an use Motion Pixel Search.