Not getting the pop-ups or the sound when alarms are generated in the Vykon 2.50 Alarm Service (VAS). However, alarms are being logged to the VAS.
TAC I/A Series
R2, Niagara version 529, 532, 535
No cause stated.
The new vas-2.301.536.v1.jar and vasClient jar files were created to correct the pop-up issue. This resolution applies to the VAS 2.50 Client and the vas-2.301.532.v2.jar. VAS 2.301.536.v1 JAR Files and Client can be downloaded from The Exchange Download Center.
Installation of the new vas-2.301.536.v1.jar file
- Stop the Enterprise Server running the VykonAlarmService
- Open Windows browser and go to C:\niagara\nre\modules
- Rename the current vas-2.301.532.v2.jar with the “.old’ extension
- Copy the new vas-2.301.536.v1.jar file to C:\niagara\nre\modules
- Restart the Enterprise Server.
Installation of the new vasClient.jar file
- Stop the VAS 2.50 client.
- Open Windows browser and go to C:\Program Files\Tridium\Vykon Alarm Service Client 2.50\lib
- Rename the current vasClient.jar with the “.old” extension.
- Copy the new vasClient.jar file to C:\Program Files\Tridium\Vykon Alarm Service Client 2.50\lib
- Restart the vasClient.
The vasClient alarm pop-up, along with its sound, should now be displayed when an alarm is generated.