NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
For various reasons there will sometimes be a need to move a controller from its existing Continuum network to a different Continuum network.
ALL CX master controllers
MAKE SURE TO HAVE A FRESH BACKUP OF THE CONTINUUM SQL DATABASE HANDY IN CASE YOU NEED TO REVERT THE CHANGES FOR ANY REASON.
Moving a controller from its existing Continuum network to a different network consists of copying the controller and its children to the destination Continuum network and then deleting it from the source network.
- Place CyberStation in offline edit mode.
- In the 'Copy' options make sure to select to 'Copy child objects and the children's children, this will ensure that all field devices get moved with the parent CX.
- Highlight the controller to be moved then drag it to the destination network and select 'Copy Here', please note that the IP address on the destination will be set to 0.0.0.0 to avoid a duplicate.
- On the original controller highlight the InfinityInfinetCtrl folder, select all the objects on the right side and send to text file.
- Delete the original controller then set the IP address on the copy.
- Select the copied controller, right click and select import into and import the text file created on line 4.
- Return CyberStation to online edit mode, then reload the CX controller (not including the field devices)
a) After reload, the controller may have a different time if the original network was in a different time zone than the destination network.
b) Controllers are only taught about other controllers in the same network, If you are moving multiple controllers move them all before reloading them. After reload controller will not know about any other controller that stayed in the old network and any references to such controllers will be lost.