NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
What is the proper procedure to use when swapping two previously installed Infinet controllers on the same Continuum network.
- Infinet Controllers
Must prove determine whether an Infinet Controllers flow sensor is damaged.
- It is important to recommission Infinet controllers before relocating them in the same system.
- Recommissioning the Infinet controller purges all object handles and ensures that the controller will be brought on line virtually as a new "out of the box" controller.
- Infinet controllers are recommissioned by setting the InfinetID to 0 using a RoamIO.
- Using a RoamIO, set the InfinetID of both Infinet controllers to zero.
- Verify that the controllers InfinetID has been set to 0.
- With the workstation in OffLine mode, change the serial number of each controllers to a fictional serial number that does not exist in Continuum.
- Remove both controllers and install them in place of each other with out powering the controller.
- Before the controllers are powered, connect them to the Infinet bus while the bus is connected to the infinet port.
- Switch the workstation to Online Mode.
- Power up the controllers.
- Enter the correct serial number for each controller in the controller editor. Both controllers should come online.
- Reload both controllers.