Changing one Filemaster to another
All versions of I/Net
Possible corruption on Filemaster and needs to be changed to a different Filemaster then repromote as a client.
To resolve this the following steps needs to be followed:
- Demote the original Filemaster to a stand alone option and backup the database
- Demote all the clients to stand alone option
- Restore the backup from the original filemaster to the PC that will be the new Filemaster
- Promote to Filemaster Option and allow the icon to change states to where it allows clients to connect
- Promote all other clients to Equalized Clients by pointing to the new Filemaster
- Once Equalization is online again, the system should be working again.