Why won’t the door strike energize upon pressing door release switch?
I/NET DPU, SCU
Multiple Possible Causes -
- Programming Error
- Wiring Error
- Have someone watch the DPU or SCU while you press the exit button. You should see an LED light come on beside the Lock relay.
- If you do, then you have a wiring issue
- If you do not, then you have programming issue
If you have a Wiring Error
- Do not assume that because it worked before the wiring is correct
- Check the voltage on the lock power supply
- Consult the appropriate TCON to determine that the wiring for the exit button is correct
- Disconnect the wiring from the DPU/SCU and use a continuity meter to ensure that the exit button is functional.
- Hardwire the strike to remain unlocked and check that the door can be opened. (if not, repair door hardware)
If you have a programming Error
- Connect to the correct controller
- Select Edit>Controller>Doors
- Modify the affected door
- Ensure that the Door Strike Parameter is set to "Both"
- Ensure that the Door Release switch is set to either Normally Open or Normally closed
- Ensure that the Strike Duration is long enough to allow a user to press the exit button and still have time to exit the door.
- Click OK
- Select Edit>Summary>Controller
- Ensure that no door points are in manual control
- Consult the appropriate TCON to ensure no internal points are taking up needed point addresses.
- Re-test the door.