When Reports are opened and the user selects a Report then tries to run the report, an error comes up that says “Server Failed to Initialize” and nothing happens.
I/NET Seven Site
error comes up that says “Server Failed to Initialize"
There is a fix for this but an IT individual will need to be present or the user must have admin rights to do this.
- Shut down I/NET and Seven Reports.
- Go to Start, Run and type Regedit at the prompt.
- Go to Local_Machine, Software, Microsoft, MSSQL Server, Super Socket Net Lib.
- Expand this and there should be two folders listed in here, NP and TCP.
- Highlight the Super Socket Net Lib and a Protocol file appears.
- Right Click this file and modify it to display the Hex addresses in there and verify that one exists for NP and TCP.
0000 74 00 63 00 70 00 00 00 t.c.p...
0008 6e 00 70 00 00 00 00 00 n.p.....
Note: If you are not sure please contact an IT professional to assist you.