How do I set up an MicroNet Mi for use on a Xenta 555
- MicroNet Mi
- Xenta 555
Installation instruction for setting up MicroNet Mi with Xenta 555.
- Cold start the MN50-Mi-ARC or MN-MI-100 with ARCnet card (MN-Mi).
- Unplug any RS 232 cables that are connected to PL3 or PL4.
- Energise the MN-MI and verify that the RUN LED flashes at about once per second.
- Set all bit switches to off.
- Place bit switch 8 to the position and then return to OFF position.
- Place bit switch 1 to the ON position.
- Place bit switch 8 in ON position and then return to OFF position.
You should see the RUN, WINK and MODEM LEDs remain lit for about 1.5 seconds, and then the RUN LED should flash at about once per second.
Note: This is different from the cold-start procedure for a controller, which requires you simply to toggle switch 8.
- Plug your RS 232 cables that are connected to PL3 or PL4.
- Connect your Xenta 555.
Updated January 2014.
The MicroNet 50 series range MN350,450,550,650 LCD and Touchscreen have been withdrawn from sale.
Currently no direct replacement is offered.
The IAC 420, 600 and Touchscreen are not effected and remain available.