No more inputs available on the DVR
How to configure a PTZ Camera
I/NET Seven CCTV with points configured to go into alarm triggering a Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera
DVR has limited number of Inputs for the camera connections. A Mux expands this capacity.
Bottom line is you need to add a MUX to the DVR. The MUX allows more inputs from the DVR and goes between the camera(s) and the DVR allowing the additional inputs.
For setup of this:
- Go into configuration of the I/O server
- Modify the profile being used
- Under the Peripherals section, modify the Text Output Port. This enables the Baud Rate, which would be set to the appropriate value.
- Save this and exit. This setup will communicate from the I/Net to the DVR using the com port.
- Go into the AMT and select Edit pull down menu
- Select Text Library
- Select Add
- The Point Address needs to be whatever point is going into alarm. i.e. door, motion sensor, etc.
- The Text field is the ASCII string from Pelco for the camera. This is the command that I/Net is sending through the com port addressed in step 3. The string is limited to 127 characters, so be precise.
- The I/Net point goes into alarm
- I/Net picks up the alarm in AMT
- Amt sends an ASCII string through the com port
- The DVR picks up this string
- The DVR puts the correct coding out to the MUX
- The MUX sends to the PTZ camera
If you do not have the correct ASCII string for your Pelco camera, they are available from the Pelco website.