Some Windows OS do not come with Hyperterminal installed.
TAC I/NET, TAC Vista, Andover Continuum, Satchwell MicroNet, Satchwell Sigma, TAC I/A Series, Field Devices, SmartStruxure Solution, Other
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Hyperterminal was not included in the Operating System software package.
Installing Original XP HyperTerminal
- Download this .zip file which contains the necessary executable and dynamic link library for running hyperterminal
- Unzip to local hard drive.
- Double click the hypertrm.exe to launch hyperterminal
- See Lessons Learned Article #1502 for proper cable connection and hyperterminal settings if needed.
Alternatively, extract the two files from any XP installation and copy them to the new Windows OS.
- hypertrm.exe default installation is in C:\Program Files\Windows NT
- hypertrm.dll default installation is in C:\Windows\System32.
Alternatively, from a Windows XP CD, both files reside in the i386 directory.