Download a Menta application file to a Xenta controller using the Menta software tool and a directly connected serial RS-232 cable.
- Menta Programming Tool
- Xenta Programmable Controllers
- Xenta 280, 281, 282, 283, 300, 301, 302, 401, 401:B
- Programming Serial Kit
- Note: The Online command is not available for the Xenta Server 700 devices so the following procedures do not apply to these devices.
Throughout the engineering, installation and commissioning phases of a project it may be necessary to download directly to a Xenta programmable controller.
Also, performing a directly connected Menta download may be necessary in order to fix certain issues. See the following:
- To fix applicationless devices: Lessons Learned Article #4121
- Use Menta Setup program (this is found in the TAC Tools menu) to select the Com port that is being used. Do not change any other setting before clicking Close.
- Connect the RS-232 cable and Programming Adapter between the PC and the RS232 port on the TAC Xenta. (these are part of the TAC Xenta: Programming Serial Kit, part no. 0-073-0920-0 For more information about the cable and adaptor see Xenta Cable Guide , Adaptor A1 and Cable L1 or instruction here.)
- Open the Menta file to be downloaded.
- Change to simulation mode in Menta by clicking Options menu and selecting Simulate.
- In the simulation mode click Online.
In the Connecting to Device dialog click Download.
- In the Tam32 dialog choose whether or not to generate files for an OP menu.
- For more information regarding Menta direct downloads see the TAC Menta Technical Manual Section 16.4.1.
- Network information containing network addresses and other properties for the Xenta device and it's I/O modules is included in the download. For more info about this network info see the TAC Menta Technical Manual listed above or for problems with downloading the network information see Lessons Learned Article #5098.
- If Menta returns Parser Errors during download see Lessons Learned Article #4036.
- If Menta returns Unsupported I/O Warning during download see Lessons Learned Article #4035.
- If a serial connection is not available on the PC a USB adapter can be used. See Lessons Learned Article #4497.